I was tagged by author/poet, Cathy Delaleu for the questions listed below. It was a lot of fun. Check out Cathy's page. She has a wonderful new book of poetry titled, Wrapping Thoughts Beneath Emotive Rain. Thanks Cathy!
1. I HAVE NEVER WANTED TO SEEKLove as a younger man until Love found me and I've been hooked ever since.
2. WHEN I WAS 8 years old, I BELIEVEDthat my grandmother knew everything. I asked her questions that only the creator could know. She would give all the credit to God, so then I started asking her questions about him: "Grandma, does God have a brother or sister and do they have their own world to look after?"
3. IF I WAS MY OWN BEST FRIEND, WHAT I WOULD ENJOY THE MOST ABOUT SPENDING TIME WITH MEis that I could just talk about Writing, History, Literature, Poetry, Photography, Art and Culture all the time. Fortunately, I have a wife who loves to talk about all of those things. She's my "Bess" friend.
4. IF THE STORY OF MY LIFE UP TO THIS POINT WAS BEING PUBLISHED TOMORROW, IT WOULD BE TITLED"Bess, Pull it together!" My wife says that to me all the time.
5. WHEN MY TIME ON EARTH IS OVER, AND THE PEOPLE WHO LOVED ME ARE REMEMBERING ME, IT WOULD PLEASE ME IF THEY SAID
[Preaching of my eulogy]
Stephen Bess was a peaceful man who loved his family. I said he loved his family! He loved his people. He loved his people all over the Diaspora. Uh…brothers and sisters... Stephen Bess loved Humanity! He was a man who felt that history and culture mattered. He believed in a set of values that some felt were old fashioned and antiquated. Again, Mr. Bess loved History. We often tell one another not to live in the past, but...Uh....brother and sisters Stephen loved to talk about it and analyze it. He felt that it could answer some of the questions that we ponder today. [Still Preaching] Now, Stephen is somewhere yonder...UH.... talking to the likes of Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, 16th Century poet John Donne, Martin Luther King, Jr., and, of course, Marvin Gaye because Stephen still wants to know "What's Going On." Can I get an Amen!
I'm a day behind on my tags because blogger was down yesterday. I have one more to complete. Please, no mas! No, mas!
Mental health. This has been on my heart for many years concerning Americans in general, but it is especially crucial in the African ...
Did you know that Uncle Ben was a real person? We really don't care who is fact or fiction when we want some rice to go with those red b...
I grew up in the Linda Pollin Memorial Housing Projects. First of all, I did not know that it was built in memory of Abe Pollin...